This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What crawler do I get? Suggestions

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

What crawler do I get? Suggestions

Postby leerenovations » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:17 pm

For a while I ahave always wanted a international crawler like a TD6 or the about the same size. I just want something smnaller that I can mount a dozer blade on and transport on a tandem axle trailer. Any ideas, and if you have one how easy are parts to come by?
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Re: What crawler do I get? Suggestions

Postby Bezirk » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 pm

I have an Oliver OC3 with a blade , it is easy to transport and parts are readily available from Landis Zimmerman in PA.
It works well for plowing snow skidding logs ETC., Mine is a 1951 yerar model , the designation changed from the HG to the OC 3 in 51 I think. There are different track widths, mine is the 42" they are measured from center to center of track.
Le me know if you want more info a d or pics.

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:19 pm

I didn't think Oliver parts were that easy to find anymore. I haven't seen an oliver down here in Oklahoma for years. I see quite a few internationals, but for the most part John Deere has taken all the market down here. BUt if you have a ford N series, you can get parts all over down here. Our autozones and oreillys carry most of the parts. Because of where I live, parts availability is a big thing. But that does sound like a pretty good setup. The most reason I want one is I live out in the sticks and sometimes my road gets so bad that my 8n and a blade wont even fix it.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:38 pm

I had several TD -9 dozers, some were loaders, and the lightest one was the dozer blade dude at 15,000 pounds,--so a 6 would be a lot lighter, keep in mind what your trailer will SAFELY haul!
the happiest day of my life was when the last 9 went down the road on a junk haulers truck!--- always something needing fixed on them, mostly major engine problems.
I had a cletrac, (oliver) BDH that was a good tractor, about 9 size! thanks; sonny

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby leerenovations » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Good advice, appreciate it

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”