This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Guess what.. another issue

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Guess what.. another issue

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:36 am

Urbish wrote:Okay, let us know what you find.
Yup. Let us know what you find out. The length of the rubber gas line does appear to be excessive.

Before you do any thing else, I do have a suggestion. Cost you perhaps $100-. Hire an old tractor mechanic to diagnose your tractor's problems.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Postby pokitisme » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Eugene wrote:
Urbish wrote:Okay, let us know what you find.
Yup. Let us know what you find out. The length of the rubber gas line does appear to be excessive.

Before you do any thing else, I do have a suggestion. Cost you perhaps $100-. Hire an old tractor mechanic to diagnose your tractor's problems.

yeah LOL. If I could find one around here. The closest I came was a guy who would charge $75 an hour but that was from whenever he left 2 whenever he was finished. There is a guy about 200 miles away who does shop labor for $35 an hour. Yeah I don't have a lot of resources in my area. When I get a few bucks saved up I'm going to buy a brand new gas line made for the h. See if that does the issue. I think this would help some people figure things out in the future.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:50 pm

pokitisme wrote:When I get a few bucks saved up I'm going to buy a brand new gas line made for the h. See if that does the issue.
Nope. Ain't gonna help and the gas line is not the issue.
I think this would help some people figure things out in the future.
I'm pretty sure we have it figured out.

Add a bit of insect repellant to the fuel/engine oil and you could rent out the tractor fogging areas.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:06 am

Your gas line has nothing to do with the fact that your engine is running poorly. I'm sure it is missing on at least one cylinder. You need to stop trying to diagnose the problem by yourself and follow up on what the people on here are telling you. Start by getting some help or watching lots of youtube videos on how to perform a tuneup, especially replacing points, condenser, distributor cap, wires and plugs. Then we can move on to the carburetor if needed.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:40 am

Rick Spivey wrote:Start by getting some help or watching lots of youtube videos on how to perform a tuneup, especially replacing points, condenser, distributor cap, wires and plugs.
Following is a link to "Wrenching With Rachel".
https://www.steinertractor.tv/c/wrenchi ... el/189272/

For the most part Rachel's videos are excellent. The tasks/processes Rachel uses on makes and models of tractors other than the H are pretty much the same as the H.
I have an excuse. CRS.

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Postby pokitisme » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:01 am

I found out what the problem was. Fuel line I am using as a rubber fuel line which I made purposely about another foot longer. Because stupid me I wanted extra line in case I needed to cut it. Anyway when I have found is that the fuel line has to be hanging at a certain angle in order for fuel to continuously flow into the carburetor. The tractor runs perfectly fine now. Hydraulics work powerworks it has no issues going up and down the hill. It is perfectly a okay. So a lesson learned. And I appreciate all the help you guys have tried to get me.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”