This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

H won't start!!

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bear4work
10+ Years
10+ Years

H won't start!!

Postby bear4work » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 pm

I just used my '51 H 3 days ago. Nothing seemed wrong. Today, i went to start it and it turned over fine, but wouldn"t start!! Gas was dripping from the carb after awhile of trying. This tractor usually starts very easily. I tried every hour and nothing. What could be the problem? I need this tractor for raking hay and the hay is getting taller. Thanks for any help!
a few old Gravely L's

1969 Cub Cadet 126 with 42" mower - sold :(

a green lawn tractor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:04 pm

My guess is that you have an ignition problem.

I'd start at the points, check their condition and gap.

Check for voltage at the points (points must be open). No voltage - work backwards until you find the problem.

Quick check. Points open, ignition switch on. Jump across the points to see if there is spark at the coil wire.

Eugene

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”