This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

farmall h , need to remove side rail next to motor

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

farmall h , need to remove side rail next to motor

Postby brian kov » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:01 pm

:?: :?: can i remove the side rail if i shore up the bell housing and the front bolstercan i rempve the rail . i need to remove it so i can clean the side of the block and oil pan and get some primer and paint in there , of course i was thinkin of doin them 1 at a time un less there is an easy way to do both at the same time :?: 1 would probably be easier for me though , since i am only using rattle can paint . thanx for any help
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:43 pm

You can take off one at a time for paint reasons. I would first support the tractor under the bell housing and lift the front wheel till it barely touches the ground. If you do take off both sides be advised that your hood may need to be refitted to the grill by adjusting the radiator base and top hose connection.

Since you are cleaning for a repaint (unless this is detail for retail) it would be good to go ahead and remove front bolster as it will be caked also and they are all but impossible to clean without turning over. Rattle can paint is the same paint as in the can if you using IH 2150 so don't sell the job short just because of the application method.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:57 am

thanx 4 the info WKpoor.
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub