This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall H front wheel differences

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall H front wheel differences

Postby Trent M » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:50 pm

I have a 1940 H that has the front rims with loops to bolt onto the hubs. The 1943 H has blank rims that are mounted with what I once heard a guy call "wedgies." What I'm wondering is if there were certain ranges by year or SN that IH used the different rims? I don't put much stock in what I find on the 40, its kind of a frankenstein that runs real good. The 1943 is quite original and has been taken care of way better. I figure that it has the original pedestal and hubs with original-style rims. I also would like to know if there is a difference in value. I have another set of hubs for loop-style rims. Thanks, Trent.
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:31 am

The loop-style seems to be more common on later tractors, seems like most prior to 44/45 or so are more likely to have the wedge-type wheels. I think both were available from day 1, the loop style being optional

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:41 am

If you use the wedge style front rims, make sure to keep the clap bolts tight, especially if using something that puts a lot of weight on the front wheels such as a cultivator or loader. If they become even a little loose, the rims will work around the circle and shear the valve stem on a clamp. Only one guess as to how I know. :oops:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:38 am

The loop style are called "adjustable wheels" I believe, and were standard from around 1950 or so.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”