This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super H questions

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Super H questions

Postby Festus » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:27 am

My neighbor asked me to come over the other night to look at a Super H he had just bought and to help him diagnose why it wasn't running as well as it should. After checking the serial number, I found it to be a 1953 Super H, but some things look weird to me. This tractor has the battery under the fuel tank, has the belly pump rather than engine driven hydraulic pump, has an unusual IH carb on it, and the engine has a dipstick as well as the two petcocks in the pan for checking oil level. My Super M has the belly pump and the undertank battery location as well so I thought those could be common on Super H's but I have never seen one with dipstick. My 53 Super H has the battery under the seat, engine driven pump, and no dipstick, but did some have the other type seat, pump, and dipstick?

Thanks,
Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Denny Clayton » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:03 am

Festus,

I'm not really up on the Supers, but as I understand it there were Stage I, Stage II, Stage III and maybe Stage IV. I think they were like the Cubs where changes were made at specific serial number breaks and not necessarily at model year increments. It is entirely possible that the seat and pump configurations of your tractor and your neighbor's were factory. My '53 Super M, purchased new by my Dad, has the under seat battery with the belly pump (no live hydraulics). I believe it to be a Stage II. Stage I had under tank battery and belly pump. Stage II was like my SM, while Stage III added the live hydraulics. Stage IV was the Super MTA.

I could be entirely wrong about this, maybe someone more knowledgeable will weigh in. As far as the dipstick, you're on your own. I like the idea, though.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:44 am

no I think you hit the nail on the head. Its most likly a Stage 1 SH I have a 53 stage 1 SM thats the same way.
JON

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”