This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

44 Farmall H Charging Problem

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

44 Farmall H Charging Problem

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:16 pm

My 44 Farmall H has what I believe is a 6 volt generator w/regulator mounted on it from a Super H. The instrument panel gage indicates it is charging between 9 - 10 volts.. Seems a little high to me.. The original 4 position light switch is still on the tractor but at present is not connected as the hi/low charge capability is not needed with this particular generator/regulator and I don't have a good 3 positiion switch to replace it with. Any input on this would be appreciated as the electrical systems are a mystery for me. Thanks.
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:15 am

Gene, assuming you still have the original gauges, that would be 9-10 amps, not volts, which is good, and should drop back to near zero as the engine runs. An H takes quite a bit of current to recharge the battery after starting, so it will take it quite a while to taper off.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”