This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall H question

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall H question

Postby Jackman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:10 am

On an H just above the carb on the intake manifold is a tube ( about 3/4 in diameter) or iron passage that goes towards the frount of the tractor, I am clueless :? what is it?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:49 am

It sounds to me like it may be the Govener hook up to the carb. Or if higher may be part of the throttle going to the Gov. Or something someone homade to do something can you take a pic and post it?
JON

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 am

It's the governor linkage.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:00 am

Bigdog wrote:It's the governor linkage.

H and M use the same setup.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Thats what I thought guys but when he said its on the intake he confused me . cause the gov linkage is on the carb!!! So is that what he is talking about or something else???
JON

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:50 pm

thanks fellas :D , I also was thinking governor. Sorry no pics available, but this tube was actually a part of the intake manifold (all one piece) I figured govorner but why is it a part of the manifold :? ? Seems to me that the govoorner would be more of a linkage type thing like our Cubs.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:49 pm

Jackman, The H's and M's are not anything at all like the Cub in the Gov area. The gov does control throttle movement through the tube. A pic would help to determine if you really are talking about something else or if we are all on the same page.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:00 pm

HI Jackman,
On a farmall H and M you have the GOV on the RH side of the front of the motor as looking from the front. There will be a cover that has about 6 or 8 small bolts on the side to get at the spring then there is a spot on the top where an aluminum tube come out of the gov linkage its about 8 to 10" long and the other end there are 2 screws that hold it to the top side of the carb. there also is a little tab there that a lot of people when they take carbs off do not get realinded and the tractor either speeds out of control or idles without moving up and RPM's. If this is not what you are looking at then you will have to ask someone that can see or get a pick somehow,
JON

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”