This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall "parts" H fair price?

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall "parts" H fair price?

Postby VinceD » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:15 pm

A friend has a 1948 H (ser # 285310) that does not run and would like to sell it as a parts tractor. I have not seen it but he says everything is there and the metal is in good shape. It has a single front wheel. I don't know about the condition of the rear tires. He says it ran last year when he parked it. (I can get pictures if anyone is interested.)

The problem is he has no idea what would be a fair price for a parts tractor.

Can anyone give any suggestions :?: :?: Any help would be appreciated. I can post the tractor on the For Sale page when he gets ready.

:D Thanks in advance,
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 pm

Vince - part H's run from about $300 - $700 around here depending on condition.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 pm

I bought a running H for $600...delivered. 8) :lol:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 pm

Running H's in pretty decent condition sell for around $800 to $1000 in central Missouri.

My guess - around $200. There are a lot of Hs and Ms around here.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:10 am

I agree, just a couple hundred bucks. If the tires are real good, maybe more. If the metal is really straight and there is a PTO shield, battery box, flat belt pulley, lightbar toolbox, wheel weights, etc., I would sell those off first and separately. Then could probably still get a couple of hundred bucks for the rest of it and end up making more.

Trent
Trent McPeak

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:50 pm

i agree with the other guys.$200.00 seems the norm :roll: Kevin some parts like they said should be taken off including fenders!! :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:04 pm

That's right, Kevin, the fenders. I almost forgot. A pair of straight, original fenders by themselves will bring more than a parts H any day. Trying to think of other things ... rear work light, other lights, maybe the drawbar? There might be a market for the single front wheel, I don't really know. In other words, I'd strip the thing clean before advertising it as a "parts" tractor.

Trent
Trent McPeak

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:27 pm

trentm71 wrote:That's right, Kevin, the fenders. I almost forgot. A pair of straight, original fenders by themselves will bring more than a parts H any day. Trying to think of other things ... rear work light, other lights, maybe the drawbar? There might be a market for the single front wheel, I don't really know. In other words, I'd strip the thing clean before advertising it as a "parts" tractor.

Trent

I paid $150 for a parts H delivered. A friend had used it as his parts tractor just as the guy he bought it from did. I got everything from it I needed (mainly wheels and tires) and sold possibly $200 in parts to other friends and scrapped the remains for $75 just to clean up a bit. When it went to scrap it still had the complete drive line. :( I've paid more for a set of fenders.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”