This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

farmall h questions for restoration wk.

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:01 pm

OK, the shipping calculator he included is for "freightquote.com" which is a shipping service tied in to eBay. It appears that the seller did exactly what was promised for $40 -- "a local man will strap it to a pallet , load it on a freight truck and send it freight collect". Unfortunately, the local man evidently didn't take it to a truck lined up by freightquote.com . If he did, you need to resolve the problem with freightquote.com . If he did not, you need to resolve the problem with the seller. Including the freightquote.com shipping calculator pretty thoroughly implies that he will use freightquote.com or at least find a comparable shipping rate.

The seller has an eBay rating approaching 3,000 so he should know better than quote one shipper then ship by another.

How did you pay for it? Not sure you have much leverage on this whole deal, but what you have may depend on how you paid.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:44 pm

i pd by ck , that probably gives me no leverage .
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51646

Re: farmall h questions for restoration wk.

Postby RustyFarmall » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:53 pm

brian kov wrote:how does the steering shaft come out of the steering box located at the rad bolster .is it just remove the cover and spin it right out like a cub ? also can i remove the whole gov. housing with out losing timing or some thing .to make it easier to clean the motor .

Yes, you can remove the entire governor assembly, housing and all, and you can then remove all of the individual components, do whatever you want, put it all back together and re-install on the tractor with no concerns what-so-ever about getting it out of time. The governor doesn't care. It is NOT timed to anything.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:30 pm

thanks Rusty farmall , i forgot all about that part of my orig. question ,considering all of the latest shinanagans . i will add that to the list of thing to be done on the h . i just got the broken studs drilled out of the rad and re tapped . and i finally got the seat bolts to budge so i could remove the whole seat assembely .
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”