This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

H wheel weight bolts

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

H wheel weight bolts

Postby Trent M » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm getting ready to install the wheel weights on the H. What is the proper size bolt for this? I want to install 2 sets, and I have 2 sets of whole weights and 1 set of half (split) weights. I was thinking that it would be easiest to install a set of whole weights first, and then install the half weights onto them.

Also, I don't have a manual, how do you properly mount the second set? If I remember correctly, you mount the first weight using 4 bolts of ? size to the wheel, then install the second weight using ? bolts of ? size to the first weight? Anyone have pics?
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Trent, this may help some. Go to this link and click on Page 239.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/H%20-%20HV/TC-27D%20Parts%20Catalog/index.html
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Trent, this may help some. Go to this link and click on Page 239.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/H%20-%20HV/TC-27D%20Parts%20Catalog/index.html

Help some? Don, that answers all the questions. Thank you much!!
Trent McPeak

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Trent, I installed 2 dowels in each wheel that are about 12" long. That way I just slide the weights on over the dowels and secure them with square headed bolts of the proper length depending on how many weights I put on. This allows me to change them very fast and by myself. The dowels are about flush with the wheel outside edge. A 12" dowel will accept up to 4 weights per side. They are threaded just on the end to allow room for a nut on the inside and out. Smooth the rest of the way and rounded on the end. I can install all 8 in just a few minutes or vary the amount.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 pm

definitely not politcially correct, but I mounted my first set with regular bolts, and used threaded rod with a separate set of nuts per weight for the additionals. The book says to use the closer ot the middle holes to mount the first set, and the outer ones to hold the rest to th first.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks guys!!!I hope to get my weights from John at Georges cub-fest.This helped out !!!Now I don't have to ask.Thanks Don and all!!!Kevin :D :D
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”