This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I bought the H !

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TomBolton
10+ Years
10+ Years

I bought the H !

Postby TomBolton » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:44 am

Well I finally did it . . . bought the '46 H. The guy had a '70s Cub that made more sense for my needs (what needs, I'm on an acre in the suburbs of DC! Everyone thinks I'm nuts.) but the H was just too much tractor to pass up. I have a '63 Cub that gets used quite a bit, so I felt it needed a big brother. This one drives great, smooth / quiet transmission, good clutch / brakes, and tight steering. It does have a couple issues, there is a bad bearing sound coming from the governor. It gets louder with speed. The govenor works fine, but is pretty noisey. I'm hoping it's not too hard to rebuild. I see the lube oil tube running to the head, and wonder if that is flowing like it should. Anyway, it looks pretty easy to take off. Anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: I bought the H !

Postby SONNY » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:14 am

I have an old H, (49 or 53?,not sure of year),----Mine needs steering help! --takes 3 people to turn steering wheel, so I cant drive it!--runs good--looks bad,(no paint on it).

I do have an IT shop manual showing these governors ----might have an exploded view of the internal parts!---noise could be drive gears up front too! thanks; sonny

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 am

Should have used the H to pull a wagon load of kids around last night.I use mine for lots of stuff.Kevin :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

TomBolton
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TomBolton » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:17 pm

We used the Cub and took the "kids" (all college age now) around and visited with the neighbors, something of a tradition. I haven't picked up the H or you can be sure it would have been out there! Unfortunately I have to be careful where I go. I had three Prince William County police stop me the last time I took the kids up for ice cream with the Cub, a tradition as well, that is no longer. You've never seen anything so silly as three cruisers surrounding a Cub . . . . guess they thought I'd make a run for it. They had no sense of humor or heritage, said I created a "distraction" even though I never went on a public road. I'm still not happy about that incident.
1963 Cub - my first!
Woodbridge, VA

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”