This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

So How About A Governor Noise - '46 "H"?

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TomBolton
10+ Years
10+ Years

So How About A Governor Noise - '46 "H"?

Postby TomBolton » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:25 pm

My new '46 "H" has what sounds like a noisey bearing in the governor. I have searched and searched for anything on this topic and not found much of anything. I reckon that's a good sign that they hold up well. I haven't ordered the manual yet, and haven't pulled the side cover, just wondering if there's something that is common that I should be looking for. Any suggestions will be welcome.
1963 Cub - my first!
Woodbridge, VA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: So How About A Governor Noise - '46 "H"?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:00 pm

never heard of a bad bearing in an H governor, but have know lots of water pumps to be noisy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:40 am

Not sure if the H is the same as the M , I recently went through ours , it was trashed, obviously the front and rear bearing were shot.
The rear bearing slides against the weights, there may be a metal to metal condition you can't see, is it oiling good?
PM me with any questions I have been through them. Will be glad to help in any way.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't have my books moved over here yet, but I think the H and M gov's. are the similar! I looked it up once but that was quite a while ago! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”