This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What fuel to use in a "H"?

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

What fuel to use in a "H"?

Postby Redcub » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

I am new to the H model Farmall.
How do I know what fuel it uses? I knew a guy that ran a little AC tractor that used Kerosene all during the war years, but it came that way from the factory. Didn't know that some H's were built like that. Can I tell from the data tag or by looking at a certain part? Its been parked since 1975 in the barn and the P.O. has passed away. Other than how the carb is set up, are there any internal parts that are different? ( head, sparkplugs, intake, timing, etc).
The model is a 1941 according to the S/N on the data tag.

The link below is what clued me in the the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=176&t=54409

And...is (or was) distilled fuel the same thing as Kerosene(Jet A), White Gas, or something completely different? If I have a distilled H, can I mix gasoline and ???? together to get the correct mixture? Bad idea?
Thanks.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: What fuel to use in a "H"?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

use gas. No matter how it came setup, it will burn gasoline. Our 41 H was a distillate burner, but has not had anything but gasoline in it in 45 years.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 am

Checked to a second small tank, none to be found. Thanks for the info John.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:19 pm

True that. They all started on gasoline.

If your tractor doesn't have the second small tank, or an empty hole in the hood, then it was probably a gas-burner right from the beginning.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”