Re: Please talk me out of it!!

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 am

There is a lot of reason for my smile, I am sitting on the tractor my father farmed with for 45 years, and I learned to drive on as well as using for many hours, then a friend of mine bought it from the relative who owned it and he along with others of the forum fixed it up and gave it to me as a surprise, in addition, in the picture it is setting on the floor where we were preparing to build my new tractor shed. How could I not be smiling.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:09 pm

There is an H coming up for auction on April 12th. I just got a flyer in the mail today from a friend and he knows the tractor. He drew a circle around it (Farmall H, new tires, paint & fenders) and wrote "Good Stuff" VanHorn Farm Equipment Auction

Doug

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:36 am

My Dad has 2 H models. I have also worked on another H. The only problems we have seen are leaky transmission seals and shifter ball end wear. Both easy fixes. Yes tires are high 350 -400 $ each, so are TV's, washers, and taxes. It is your choice, but after my JDA project is done, I will look for a H or a M.

Rodney 8)

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 am

Other than Eugene and Boss Hog, you guys sure aren't doing a very good job of talking me out of it. :lol:

I have an e-mail into the seller and would like to go take a look at it to see if it really is just a "thrasher" and not worth the time...

Mike

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 am

What, you have not picked it up yet? What is wrong with you? You know you want it. It is a tractor. You can fix it. All it takes is time and money. :big smile: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Since I haven't seen it Mike, nor have no idea of the price, I'll withhold judgement...

If I liked 'em, liked the tractor and the money worked...I'd be on it like ticks on a hound.

This comin' from the man with an "M" in his stable, among several others, and no real room for any of them LOL