Farmall H governor

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Farmall H governor

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Does anyone know of a place to view or download a service manual for a Farmall H? I have an I&T manual, but it is useless for this. I need to replace the weight pivot pins on mine, and cannot figure out how to get to them. They ave to be swedged on both ends to hold them in place.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall H governor

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:13 pm

John, I just looked on Messicks website. It shows the pins as replaceable and available. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I wonder if the swedged end has to be drilled out to remove the weights.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:28 pm

I already have new pins from local dealer, but the pins are solid in the middle and hollow on each end with the ends expanded like a flare on a copper tube. To do this I am going to have to get the weight and shaft assembly out where I can support it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:35 pm

As I recall, IH used to provide the weight and carrier assembly as a unit. I imagine you have to remove the assembly and get it in a vise so you can knock the pins out. Looks like you have to push the assembly forward to get the bearings off then bring it out the side, back end first.