This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

a,b,bn Steering Universal

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

a,b,bn Steering Universal

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:32 am

The original universal knuckle for the steering. Is there any way to tighten them :?: I bought this one off ebay. a little loose but not a bad as the old one I removed. Can you still get new ones. That look original. Mine has cast in numbers. 31 ,32,34,35. Blood Brothers
Thanks
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm

I purchased a U-joint for a B from the local welding/machine shop years ago. It was much heavier than the original IH U-joint.

If the original U-joint can be disassembled, you can still probably buy parts. My first stop would be the local New Holland dealer, then the Case IH dealer. Or, if you have an autoparts store that handles tractor and machinery parts you might give them a try.

My guess is that it is probably cheaper to purchase a new U-joint.

Eugene

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:19 am

The local IH dealer wantd $200.plus shipping I thought that was a bit pricey. Or am I in the dark ages. Thanks
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:30 am

$200- is a bit much.

Valu-Bilt has implement cross and bearing kits - Top price is $12.19 - 2004 catalog. You will need to measure up the u-joint before you order.

Remove the universal joint and go to the nearest large industrial machine shop. They will be able to match it up.

Also try several other brand implement dealers. They will be able to match up the u-joint - perhaps they will have to order the part(s) if it's not in stock.

Eugene

Return to “Farmall B & BN”