This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Wheel play

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Front Wheel play

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm

I was worndering if there is a way to take up the front wheel play on our BN. I know there will be some slight play with my steering universal not being tight Can I tighten the cap and push the worm gear forward?
Thanks Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:46 pm

???slop in the wheels,gear box or tie rods?My H has to get new wheel bearings.My 49 cub Ollie Needs a little of everything.Had front end up off the groud yet?KETCHAM much slack in u-joint?
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Ketchup, I can't speak for the BN but the H you mentioned I can say a few words. I'll bet 99 out of a 100 H's or M's have the upper and lower bolster bushings plum wore out. Easy check- jack up the front end off the frame rails and grap the lower bolster and jerk it around. Bet you find it loose as a goose! Thats why they shutter going down the road in high gear. I bought the bushings for mine to install hopefully in my life time :(

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:51 am

I'M SURE YOU ARE RIGHT.I'M WAITING TO GET A JOB[NEED MONEY] FOR FRONT TIRES.WHEN I DO THEM I'LL CHECK THE BEARINGS AND BUSHINGS.A PAINT JOB IS IN ORDER ALSO FOR THE WHEELS AND HUBS.THANKS KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 am

I went through the bearings and bushings with the same effect.
Is there aa adjustment that can be made to the steering splone.
The BN has a cub that holds the shaft in place. I was wondering by tightening the cup if this would do it.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Return to “Farmall B & BN”