This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First Carb. rebuild complete (Model B Farmall)

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

First Carb. rebuild complete (Model B Farmall)

Postby GeneL74 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Thanks to you folks who convinced me to try this myself!

Didn't have any help, but it wasn't too bad.... I think it turned out pretty good. Now if it works correctly when I hook it up and doesn't cause a major fire I will be thrilled!!! :D

Here's a before pic (this thing was REALLY a dirty mess)

And here's a pic of the carb. after the rebuild temporarily hanging by a few threads...

Thanks again for your help!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:59 pm

Feels good when some thing gets back together doesn't it!

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 pm

Gene:

Excellent :!: Well Done Image.

See, y'all can do it if you set your mind to it and get a wee bit of encouragement.. Now comes the hard part :!: :idea: :shock: :wink: :D :D Show everybody how you did it :!:

Hope you took Image :idea: :!: :D
Hope you wrote things down :idea: :!: :D

Cause I guess you are now the resident expert on M-S carbs
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby GeneL74 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:51 pm

Rudi wrote:Gene:

Excellent :!: Well Done Image.

See, y'all can do it if you set your mind to it and get a wee bit of encouragement.. Now comes the hard part :!: :idea: :shock: :wink: :D :D Show everybody how you did it :!:

Hope you took Image :idea: :!: :D
Hope you wrote things down :idea: :!: :D

Cause I guess you are now the resident expert on M-S carbs

The resident M-S carb expert, eh? It kinda has a nice ring to it, but before we get too carried away bestowing any "expert" titles on me, we better make sure the whole tractor doesn't explode when I hook it up!!! Thanks for a good laugh anyway!!! :lol:

Unfortunately I only took a couple pictures when I first took the carb. apart.... It was quite a mess, and I figured I would probably have to end up just getting a new one anyway, so I didn't get too carried away with the pictures. After a good cleaning it started looking a lot better though.

A couple pics before the bath:

If you folks only knew some of the messes I have gotten myself into by "doing things myself" --- I usually get everything worked out, but I have sure had my share of headscratchers!

My best mess to date was when I decided to build my own computer... When I decide to go for it, I didn't know the difference from a motherboard to a hard drive. It took me a couple weeks to figure out all the various components I would need, and to make sure everything would be compatible.

To make a long story short, the build went pretty good until I couldn't get Windows XP to load on the new machine... Let's just say I spent a good deal of time on the phone with tech support folks (most of which spoke TERRIBLE English) and after a day or two of trying various things (I was about to my wits end... Ready to throw the thing out in the yard and run over it ALOT) a nice lady who spoke great English from the company I bought my hard drive from says, "Wait a minute, did you say you are using a SATA wire on the hard drive??? Ummmm, the hard drive you have is not SATA compatible" ME: "Well why does the *&%$#%#@ hard drive have the SATA slot?"

Turns out they all have it, wether they are compatible or not.... I about had a nervous breakdown, and the problem all along was that I needed a regular ribbon cable vs. a SATA cable.

The good news is, the PC will be celebrating its third birthday this summer and it's still running like a well oiled machine.

If you made it through the whole story, here are a couple pics of when she was first built:

I'm not telling ANYTHING else on myself!!! :)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:16 am

Gene:

Well done... building a computer is not a simple excersice. I have been building PC's since 1992.. when I started blowing up XT's - 8086's and 8088's... and that is as far as I am going. Needless to say.. it is a lot easier today than it was back then....

Well done..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:00 am

a one time building your own pc to get what you wanted for a reasonable price was a good idea. Now, however, you will spend a lot more building one than a prefab one with the same features will cost.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall B & BN”