This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BN not firing up

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

BN not firing up

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:09 am

Well, Have our BN sharp looking . runs fabulous, that is until about 2 weeks ago. a fellow came over with my Brother to look at our tractors. He asked do they run as good as they look , I said with pride Better! My mistake, well the cub fired right up. BN usually, about a hit on the starter and fires right up. Not this time cranked and cranked. Gas dripping from carb. etc you know the drill. The fellow said that's OK don't have to hear it run. But what he did'nt know is, that, I did!
So I started with the plugs ,always looked great , but were severly carboned up, I replaced them, started, but with difficulty. Plugs were wet , so I decided to check the spark. NONE, My brother mentioned that the points could be out . Well Saturday I checked the points they were in At .009-.010 supposed to be .013 , Moved them out. Cleaned the contact areas, reassmbled . Fired right up .
Now if I can get that guy back out!
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:26 am

Old tractors share something in common with modern day computers. That is, they are aware of critical times and thus choose those times to fail. It is the nature of the beast! :? :? :? :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall B & BN”