This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tell me what it is

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JRICK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29325
Skype Name: JRICK
Tractors Owned: 1940 Allis Chalmers WC
1949 Farmall Cub "Haydee Bug"
1960 Massey Ferguson Diesel Deluxe
1950 Allis Chalmers "B"
1980 Power King Model 1616
1991 400A Belarus
1952 Massey Harris Pony
Circle of Safety: Y

Tell me what it is

Postby JRICK » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Looking to buy a wide front end "B".Here is all the information I got looking at the tractor.Serial number B FAB 217566, 1540 R.P.M. Casting Dates: Transmission 7-10-T and below that is L3. Motor casting Date:9-5-Q. On top of transmission next to the shift pattern is 6832 DA.On left side of the housing below the battery 8638 DD.Battery is located between the gas tank and the steering post.On the manifold is 6744 DD. Motor is to the left side like a Cub,so the rear axle housings is one short and long one on the right.It has a Magneto and an Alternator.The wide front is centered with the radiator.The steering box is huge compared with a cub.The ammeter,ignition switch and pushbutton start switch are mounted in a box on the steering post.Like an "H" has.It has no hydraulics,does have an angle gearbox on the rear,and a drawbar.Looks like it is an "A" with a heavy duty wide front end.From the serial number it must be a 1947 model.I need to look up the casting Dates as to what year the letters are,but any help or comments is appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tell me what it is

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Your data is not all in agreement. Need pictures.

Return to “Farmall B & BN”