Crazy B idea

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:58 pm

I have a John Deere :cry: No. 5, 5 foot sickle bar mounted on the Farmall B and I was wondering if anybody had ever put a power steering pump on the belt pulley and attach it to a cylinder to lift the bar :?: I would have to think in advance when lifting the bar (live hydraulics?) but maybe you guys have a better idea?

Farmall B

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:38 pm

If you drive the hyd pump off of the belt pulley, you will not have live hydraulics, the pump will stop when the clutch is pushed in. The only way to get live hydraulics is off the crankshaft. I've seen several use a power steering pump to supply live hyd.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:57 am

I meant that i don't have live hydraulics so I would have to think ahead and lift it before I stopped. Thanks for the help, Jostev

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:04 am

I hear what you say and realize that you could put it in neutral to move an inplement after you stop, but why not use a power steering pumpoff the fan or generator belt? Then you would have live hydraulics.

Bill

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:43 pm

I could do that but then you have to run lines to the back, but I guess if I used it alot it would be worth it.