This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall m

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jonesben692@gmail.com
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 59923

Farmall m

Postby jonesben692@gmail.com » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:20 pm

:help: I need to hook up hydraulic line for swather does anyone have a manual

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall m

Postby v w » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 am

No manual. What is your question? Someone probably can answer it. An M, unless converted, has a one way hydraulic system. A swather didn't come into use until much later and I would believe most would be equipped with a two way cylinder in which case the two pieces are not compatible. I do not know if a one way cylinder would work on your swather. An M can be made into a two way system with a selector block, or that's what we called it. The hyd pump runs while using the block and simply returns the fluid to the pump. The levers on the block are used to run the cylinder back and forth. I have not seen one since about 1960. Give us more info. There is a lot of people to help. Vern

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Farmall m

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am

Along with a little more info on the specifics of what you are trying to do, keep in mind fluid compatibility. A belly pump on an M originally used 30 weight non detergent motor oil as the "hydraulic fluid". Your swather probably uses some form of more modern hydraulic fluid.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”