This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally, I Got it!!

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:53 am

bill,
i didnt quite understand what you meant from your earlier post until i saw GW's pic. i looked last night and i dont have that extra pump. hmmm i gotta talk to the 2nd p o to find out what he did to the m. so is your h too fast in 1st gear? i was wondering what the average ground speed for a rototiller should be.
John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:07 pm

John:

Congrats on the new addition to the stable :!: :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:47 pm

I think the slower you can go the better for a tiller. Thats why I mentioned it does well in plowed soil. I haven't used mine over sod or any kind of firm ground as I suspect the H or M maybe a little fast in those conditions. Even over plowed ground I usually do 3 passes to get it to my liking. That is why I'm going to install the slow cotton picker gear that will cut 1st and rev in half. Should end up with about 1mph in 1st. However the H can pull the 7' tiller full depth with current gearing no problem, just would be a little better a little slower. :)

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:00 pm

hey thanks bill, me and the neighbors may all pitch in for a rototiller. we have already pitched in for a post hole digger because for what we each paid would have been a day or two rental cost. is the installation of that slow cotton picker gear very difficult to do?
John

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:11 pm

I can't rate the difficulty yet as I haven't done mine but I know its a complete tranny tear down and modification to the 4th speed gear. Also be prepared to mortgage the house for a slow speed gear set. Mine cost $800.00 after 2yrs looking. M's are a little easier to come by but will not be cheep unless you are a very lucky man. I have had my bull gears out though so also be prepared to pull both axles, pinion gear, differential then speed gears. At least I'm told they are first in last out.

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:33 pm

dangit! thanks for the info bill
john

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”