This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Difference between M & super M?

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Festus wrote:As far as the live PTO - I remember as a kid the Super H I have had a clutch in the rear housing that the pto shaft extends from. It was a live power of sorts it seems to me. There was a problem with it many years ago and evidently it was replaced with the shaft and housing from a donor H. Was this the B&M product or was it factory IH? I would love to have this set up back on The Super H!

Festus

If it was a live PTO on a Super H, it was NOT a factory IH option. It would have to be M&W, seems like maybe Heisler made one too.

I think it would have mounted in place of one of the brake assemblies.
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Talking with the guy on the phone its an "M" but looking at the tractor its an "H" go figure. Now i got my feet wet with my first farmall cub I may go back there and offer $800 for the "H" in a few weeks.(by nov. 1st) If it runs good i'll grab it too.If i get lucky again i'll save my pennies for a Farmall super A next. But you never know what can pop up by then too.

I broke the ice with the misses with the farmall cub now wait till she sees the size of an "H". My neighbor is building a new lean-to for his horses and i told him i may be sleeping with them soon too...(kidding)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:15 am

$1200.00 sounds like a deal to me.I'd get it.Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Now that could be another bag of worms. H vs Super H. I know the very early Super H's look identical to an H in every way. Most of the upgrades had not made it on the first ones out. There is one clue however very very few know about. Can anyone tell me what it is?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm clueless what is it?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Decals :spinning: chassis prefix of FBH versus SH, and engine C-152 (SN FBHM) versus C164 (SN prefix C-164)?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:36 pm

Well yes John of course but I was thinkin of something besides reading the S/N plate. Apparently IH knew they were going to add a live pump to the Super even though the first ones still had the lift-all. Anyone who has ever done the mod would know that the pump won't go on a regular H because one of the mount holes is 1/2 a hole off. I know someone with a Super with battery ignition, without the pump, and the drive adapter matches the pump bolt pattern. The person who pointed this out probably knows more about H's and M's than the factory did at this point. LOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 pm

I believe the Super h and 300 both had the same provisions for the pump, which included not only the different holes, but a stronger gear.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54 pm

I have not noticed anything different about the gears John. I did the mod on my H. I changed the front cover and the spacer plate and tossed the lift-all for scrap. Best overall mod I've ever done and relatively inexpensive too.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”