aeroquip Fitting

Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Our 1940 M has a hydraulic fitting A 5200-ST 8 - There are two fittings.
With really neat IH logo aluminum caps.
How does the fluid move through the fitting. does the center move,does anyone have one of these on there tractors if so any pictures of the mating part . I will try to get a picture of what I have , tomorrow

Re: aeroquip Fitting

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 am

Here is the fitting

Re: aeroquip Fitting

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:45 am

That coupling was pretty common on IH tractors for a while (mid-'50s). As far as I know, virtually all quick disconnect couplings work by pressing a plunger in the center of the coupling to open the fluid flow. Exceptions I have seen use a manual valve.

The opposite half of the 2 individual couplings look similar to the halves you have, but are a bit different. The larger piece (that holds both couplings) is called a frame. The rear frame has a bar that inserts into the center of the front frame you currently have. The bar has a notch that engages to hold the coupling together. The lever sticking out the top of your part releases the latch. The bottom side of the rear frame has a notch that goes over the bar on the rear of the front frame for alignment. I believe the slot in the front frame is so you can use a lever to couple it when under pressure.

This whole thing is illustrated in several tractor Parts Catalogs. It is in the Farmall M catalog. If you have an early edition, it may not be there. It is definitely in the on-line copy on the CaseIH web site. Look in the hydraulics section for "Break-away coupling".

Re: aeroquip Fitting

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks Jim