This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Live hydro M questions.

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Live hydro M questions.

Postby grunt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 pm

I realy need to get the manual for the live hydro on this tractor. The owners manual just covers the normal setup and it only talks about it a bit. :?

So I need to fill this thing up with hydraulic fluid. I found the fill pipe but where the heck is the fluid check pipe or cap?
In the picture in the manual where they show it should be I dont have one. In stead that is where all my valves come out of.
As you can see here

and another picture here

Is there a way to check it through the fill tube?

any help would be nice.
Thanks
John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Live hydro M questions.

Postby grunt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:24 pm

any one?

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, I'll take a stab. I would make sure any hydraulic cylinders attached to it are retracted, and fill it up at least to the base of your filler neck, where it 90*'s out the side of the clutch housing.

Now, I will assume you know that the M did not come factory with live hydraulics. There were kits to add it--I think Char-Lynn had one, you could put various IH parts together to make it happen, and M&W made a kit that was probably the most popular. Most of them provided for dropping the standard M belly pump/housing, removing the pump, fabbing up a cover plate and using the old housing for a reservoir. You had to drill and tap a 3/4" pipe thread hole near the bottom of the reservoir for your suction line.

Forget what I just said if you already knew all that.... :wink:

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby grunt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 am

I am pretty new to tracotrs and even newer to hydro. You pretty much stated what I thought about filling it up.
It would be nice if some one could ID this kit so if Ineed parts or some thing in the future.

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Sent you an email.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”