This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super M hydrolics

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Re: Super M hydrolics

Postby offrink » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:55 pm

So I have an update. Finally had some time to mess with the hydraulics. I am pretty sure I only had about five quarts in and ran out. So I got a new 5 gallon pail of hy-trans and put in a quart and a half. I pulled on the actuator and hydraulic fluid started dumping out the access hole under the tractor. The area where you an see the pump drive shaft. The "leak" (if you were on your back and your feet are pointed to the front wheels) was on the left side high (to the top of the tractor). Any idea where this is coming from and how to resolve? Did I just over fill it? I'm just glad they are working. The tractor doesn't act like it's putting any effort into pumping even at low idle. Also the fluid coming out is very airy, full of bubbles.

Any help would be great!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:31 pm

At least one seal is shot. You will have to pull the Liftall unit out from the belly of the tractor, take it apart, and install new seals.

Be careful, it's heavy. Back in the day there were special T-handles that fit into the keyhole slots on the bottom of the unit. Two men would manually lower the unit out of the tractor using these handles. Nowadays you need to use your creativity.

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Postby offrink » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm having a hard time finding a new gaskets/seals for the lift all hydraulics. Anyone know where to look? Is it a dealer only item? Seems like they aren't made anymore.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm not sure what you need, but Messick's shows a lot of seals, gaskets, o-rings in stock for the Super M hydraulics. That doesn't always mean they still have them, but might be a place to start. O-ring sizes are listed if you need any of those.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:07 am

The only place you're going to have any luck at all walking in and saying, "I need all the seals and o-rings for a Farmall Super M hydraulic system" is a CaseIH dealer, and then it's going to depend heavily on the person behind the counter, whether he's just a wet behind the ears minimum wage kid with no training, or a grizzled old parts man. Napa probably has the seals and o-rings as generic items, but you'd have to provide them with the original part numbers to cross-reference.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”