Magneto Switch

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:08 am

Howdy - My Dad claims we need the cap for the back of the Regular Magneto. Where does one look for this type of part?

Re: Magneto Switch

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:23 am

Are you talking about the distributor cap? Those can be gotten at any parts house. What other cap is there?

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 am

Barnyard wrote:Are you talking about the distributor cap? Those can be gotten at any parts house. What other cap is there?

Bill, per Dad - that is correct. A bit of Regular History of it and me.

The Regular came to our farm new in 1929. Dad was 10 years old. When I was young and way to small to use the Regular - we got Rex'48 in 1965, followed by H's and M's. The Regular was set aside for the more modern tractor. As a young'n I never had a chance to see work being done on the Regular.

Now that I'm going to start restoring this tractor (NOT TILL AFTER REX is finished) - I'll be learning a whole new set of terms. Bear with me.

In the end the Good News is the Engine on the Regular has been done over - so everything I need to do is cosmetic - along with brakes and final drive seals. Lots and lots of sandblasting.

Ken

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:56 am

Ken, I'm sorry, I always use the "View New Posts" feature of this site. That is a good thing as well as a bad thing. In this case it is a bad thing because I did not look to see what forum this post was in and just assumed it was Cub related. I am not familiar with the regular. I need to look a little closer from now on.