This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It still amazes me!

Farmall F-xx Series Tractors, 1931-1939
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

It still amazes me!

Postby Bigdog » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:11 pm

A week ago a friend of mine stopped by and was admiring "Miss Daisy" my F-14. I had not started the tractor for about 3 or 4 weeks but it fired off on the second turn of the crank. This afternoon the sun was shining brightly and I was storing some things away in the barn for the winter. It was in the mid to upper 60' with beautiful sunshine. A good time to check antifreeze levels and make sure things are winterized.
I could not resist the urge to grab the crank and see if the ol' girl would fire up. Following routine I "shook hands" with Miss Daisy to make sure she wouldn't walk all over me. Retard the timing, pull the governor control back about 3 or 4 notches and close the choke.
I stuck in the crank and brought up the first compression stroke, (she's got really good compression) pulled it through the rest of the stroke and she's off and running! :{_}: :{_}:
Open the choke back up and she settled down quite nicely. :D
Well, after all that, I just had to take her for a spin! So we took a drive around the neighborhood. Stopped back by the shop and checked her antifreeze level before letting her slip back into her favorite spot in the barn.
What a way to spend the afternoon! Too bad I didn't have my camera with me......... :cry:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Re: It still amazes me!

Postby Mr E » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Mr. Darrell,
Miss Daisy is more than welcome down here in February. She could certainly grace the grounds and keep watch over all the little cubs. Shoot, bring a plow and let us see her turn the soil. :lol: :lol:

When you get too tired to ride her around, heck, I'll even take over for you so you don't over-exert yourself. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm

When I was a kid we had a Regular. It was the tractor that would always start in any weather. When all the JD's with their electric starters would not. Just turn on the gas close the choke. Pull it thru twice and it would start. I just wish I had had that 4th gear.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

XFARMA
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03445
Tractors Owned: 41 H, 44 H, 47 Cub,57 Cub Loboy, 76 Cub,
47 BN, 50 SA demo,
50 C demo,
54 SC,59 240U,
Ford, 69 5000, 73 4000,75 2000, 70 4500TLB
73 JD 350B dozer

Postby XFARMA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 pm

It just does'nt get any better than that BD :{_}: :{_}: Chuck
Member of Chapter 18

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 am

I still have to plan that trip to central Ohio for business before it gets too cold to go tractor-riding...

Hope the offer still stands!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:38 am

I got my H going by crank when it is warm out.Tried in the 50's ,wow!!!! I'm going thru the dead batterys right now.Cranking cubs by hand ,no problem,the H well!!!! My H is doing a whole lot better now that the timing is right!!! Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:04 am

That is definitely a great way to spend a day BigDog :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

I brought a trailer load of firewood home with me from the UP. Yesterday I fired up the 130 to pull the log splitter and split it. I never park my tractors in gear so I almost did not check it. Oh shoot it only takes a second to check it I better do it. Well my brother came over and checked on my horse last weekend and used it to take him a tank of water. And Parked it IN Gear. I am sure glad I took the second to check it now :!: :!: :!: :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:10 pm

KETCHAM wrote:I got my H going by crank when it is warm out.Tried in the 50's ,wow!!!! I'm going thru the dead batterys right now.Cranking cubs by hand ,no problem,the H well!!!! My H is doing a whole lot better now that the timing is right!!! Kevin

Cranking my Cub or my Cub-powered combine with the hand crank is easy. Hardest thing about the combine is getting wedged under the control rods to get to the crank! It takes a little more "umph" to wind the Super A......

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall F-xx Series”