This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Slot Cars

The Collector's Show & Tell is the place to show off and discuss your favorite collectables with other forum members. Coins, stamps, toys, ephemera, guns, knives, doodads, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Slot Cars

Postby BigBill » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 pm

I was into the 1/32 scale strombecker slot cars in the early 60's. Over Christmas I got my 4yo son into slot cars and the whole family is now into slot cars.
Since my six cats are in the house with all this snow I took a large rubber mouse and removed the body on a slot car leaving the motor and chassis so I put the mouse body on the chassis so the cats can chase it.
My point is I'm looking at the fcub models and thinking the motor can be mounted on the rear like the pto is driving a generator. A live axle with the ring gear will allow the motor to drive the rear ags. The slot guide with brushes needs to be connected to the front wheels.
Slot tractors?

I guess I have too much time on my hands.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub l59 woods belly mower (sold)
1951 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub w/ 5' sicklebar (sold)
Tufline 6' disc (old heavy pull type)
1953+ A-295A 2 furrow SlatWing Plow Chief plow (SA)
1950 cub-193 1 furrow SWPC plow (cub) (sold)
6' home made bush hog. Mounts on drawbar
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Slot Cars

Postby BullDAWG » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Love to see pictures of it when done. Gear it right n it might be the fastest slot car you got LOL j/k
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38355

Postby bibbster » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 am

I'm into 1/32 slot cars too, Bill. A slot powered Cub would be a hoot! I'm thinking tractor pulls!!!!

I'm a partner in a business that 3D prints and sells parts for slot cars as well as a kit to route your own track. Check it out sometime: www.Devis3DDesigns.com (I'm looking for ideas for 3D printed tractor parts and such so if you have any lemme know).

Farmallacres-NJ (retired)
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32909
eBay ID: Farmallacres
Tractors Owned: Now -
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, I-130 Ind. duals, 3 point, F100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Cubs – too many to remember, maybe 25 ?
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 pm

That's Funny. :lol:

I've been a slot car-a-holic 1963 to present. :worthy:
1/24th mostly. Raceways are still around, been building and racing 'scratchbuilt' cars. We hold 'proxy' races where guys send cars in from around the world to join the fun. Here is a highlight video I had the 'kids' make of a Vintage Drag Proxy that I just held here in FL..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1ZL4Fu5uM

Are you talking about powering a cast ERTL or an injected plastic model.
It Can be done...

Slot tractors..... LOL
THese are coming to market soon.
NEW Pullers.jpg
1/24th Scale
We have the plans to build a 'sled' and start 'pullin' slots on the drag strip.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Here you go, National Micro-Mini Tractor Pullers Association. http://www.nmmtpapullers.com/

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby bibbster » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:02 pm

That's a hoot! I guess I need to make it down to Melbourne one day. I have virtually met some folks that race in that area. I go by 'bibbster' on all the slot forums that I am a member of.

Those 1/24 pulling tractors look great! Can't wait to see those in action so be sure and post a vid link when you can.

Farmallacres-NJ (retired) wrote:That's Funny. :lol:

I've been a slot car-a-holic 1963 to present. :worthy:
1/24th mostly. Raceways are still around, been building and racing 'scratchbuilt' cars. We hold 'proxy' races where guys send cars in from around the world to join the fun. Here is a highlight video I had the 'kids' make of a Vintage Drag Proxy that I just held here in FL..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1ZL4Fu5uM

Are you talking about powering a cast ERTL or an injected plastic model.
It Can be done...

Slot tractors..... LOL
THese are coming to market soon.
NEW Pullers.jpgWe have the plans to build a 'sled' and start 'pullin' slots on the drag strip.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, I-130 Ind. duals, 3 point, F100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 am

ah Ha.... Printed motor pods?

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby bibbster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am

Yep! One of our top sellers is the anglewinder for the slimline FF-050 motor. Surprised Slot.it hasn't introduced one yet.

We also do custom work for slot parts or anything else one might want 3D printed.

We have a handful of dealers that carry our parts as well, none in Florida at the moment though.

I'd love to see the mechanicals of those tractors sometime. Have any pictures?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 am

I started out in the 50’s with the first battery powered cars that was guided by plastic tubing with connectors. Wish I had that set now.

www.electricdreams.com

Great buys.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:46 am

Proxy Racing

Big Commercial slot tracks and racers are far and wide.
For guys that don't have a place to race but still want to have fun building to strict spec rules we run "Proxy Races". They mail them in and if they pass pre-race tech inspection the car is entered and raced. The drivers are local racers that have years of experience on that track. We have cars mailed in from anywhere in the world, France, Brazil, Germany, UK and more ...
Link to final round video of the AAA/USAC Indy Roadsters on a fast Tri-Oval.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3RcbwGNHs

IMG_3241.JPG

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby bibbster » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am

Do you have a link to the specs that are required? And do you post on any of the slot forums?

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:35 am

Say hey Bibbster,

I used to post on Slot International as 'Professor Fugly' but those guys are more plastic car centric.
I've been banned from slotblog and oldwierd herald as 'Gator Bob' ..my views are too controversial and as a rule challenger.

Here now:
We have gone all the way back to the early 1960s vintage drag racing proxy events with 'padlock' motors. The 5th Annual is Dec. 8th.
http://dc-punk.freeforums.net/ (caution- this site may not be politically or socially correct)

We build 'scratch' mostly wire and brass for oval, road course and drag. For Drag Racing we also use aluminum and magnesium chassis.

Specs vary based on the concept of the event.
This all is about the race AAA/USAC race posted above.
http://slotblog.net/topic/51203-indy-ro ... -memorial/
http://slotblog.net/topic/51204-aaausac ... iscussion/

One of my Vintage Drag Proxy cars.
IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_5419ss.JPG

IMG_5414.JPG

4th Annual video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnScrkQCvZk

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby bibbster » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am

Cool! I'll check out those links. Very nice drag build too!

I built a few midgets over the years. Here is a Revell Curtis Midget and a Big Donkey Resin body on a chassis which the name of escapes me at the moment. All the 'tube frame' was done by hand using brass.

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/bibbee ... 1.jpg.html

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/bibbee ... f.jpg.html

In the way of drag cars, I built a 1/43 scale, Snoopy's Laughing Jag...
http://s140.photobucket.com/user/bibbee ... 2.jpg.html

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks...
BTW, What is the highest temp material you can print with.? Can you scan a small part and make copies?

bibbster
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby bibbster » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:18 am

We can print up to 260c, and material temp resistance is about 210c. Depending on the part, it may be easier to just draw it rather than scan it.

Return to “Collector's Show & Tell”