Started on the 125

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RanchsA
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 48873
Tractors Owned: 1946 A
Cadet 125
Cadet 108

Started on the 125

Postby RanchsA » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Been working on the 125. Carb had a bunch of rigging on it and the air cleaner holes had sheet metal screws in them. Grabbed a used carb and rebuilt. Replaced leaking bowl and put new rubber in the leaky fuel line at the joints. Throttle cable was sticking so I cleaned that up and adjusted and the governor arm was way out of adjustment. It is purring now. changed rear end fluid and new filter. Break pedal is sticking pretty bad. I hit the joints with pb blaster. Are there any other tricks to loosening this up? Plan on getting the tiller on it after putting new pto clutch, bearing and changing the oil in the right angle gear box. Also got a pair of 4x8's to replaced the trashed 6x16's in the front. Hopefully put tri ribs and ags on it in the future. Also picked up a mowing deck for $30 today. Bearings and spindles all felt tight and rotated freely. Came with the hanging gear as well. Was going to just use for tilling but now maybe I can talk a couple helpers into mowing. It'll look like a herd of cadets out grazing with the 108 and 2042 both running around.

Return to “Cub Cadet”