This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lookin for a memory

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Lookin for a memory

Postby cowboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:14 pm

When I was a kid 25-30 years ago my grandpa had a cub cadet. And I was wondering if anyone coud help me identify it. I can only give a rought description of it. But I can rember grandpa and uncles pulling us around in a trailer with it. I have the trailer now but grandpa traided it off for somthing else a long time ago.

It was yellow/ white hydrostatic drive controlled by a lever on the right hand side of the dash. Manuel lift mowerdeck. single cylinder less then 20 hp (grandpa replaced it with a 20 hp bolens). I know thats not much to go on next time I go to grandmas I'll try to find a picture.

Thanks Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:39 pm

Probably a 1250, one of what is called the Quietline series - hood side panels that enclosed the engine compartment, engine mounted on rubber mounts, exhaust exit out through the grill all helped make them quieter. The earlier hydro's were controled with a lever to the left and below the steering column, like a turnsignal lever on a car/truck. There was also a 1450 and a 1650 (the first 2 digits being the horsepower rating), but both of them are normally found with hydraulic lift. The 1250 is normally found with manual lift for the deck, but hydraulic was an option. All the Quietline models (800,1000,1200,1250,1450,1650) looked the same with the first 3 being gear drive (same transmission as a Cub) and the last 3 being hydros. The quietline (QL) were built from 10/74 to 6/80 when they were replaced by the red 82 series Cub Cadets.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks Paul

I have so many good memorys from that tractor I would kinda like to find one evan though its not in the budget now as I am spending all I can afford on the cub right now. I can at least keep my eyes oppen if luck should come my way. Also I like the hydro on the dash I found with the bolens and the hydro on a foot pedal I start bouncing and the tractor starts surgeing the hand control in my memory was a lot smoother.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:37 pm

If you go to this web site

http://www.geocities.com/jluckeycub/index.html

This guy got pictures of most of the models. I was thinking Quiet Line also but you can look at some of the other Cub cadets. The first Hydro was the 123 and they used the first 2 digits to give horse power and if the last digit is odd ie will be a hydro(this isn't true in the 7 HP models as they were all gear drives being 70,71,72 & 73. The gear drives are all even numbered xx2-xx8. This was true up to the last hydro 169 before the quiet line. Look at the pictures but it's hard to tell which is which without looking at the numbers on the hood. All the Cub Cadets up to the 169 had a starter/generator that hung on the right side of the motor till the quiet lines and they had side covers and the starter on the fly wheel. I hope you can find a picture.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:48 am

Thanks Guys I now belive the tractor was a 125 cub cadet. Sorry haven't gotten back to you earlier and I belive a prompt replie is an important curtisy espally as I was asking for help. Wdeturck thanks. this is a copy of the e-mail I sent to tha author of the site you sent me to.

Hi John

While I am a cub owner now. 20+ years ago when I was a kid well lets make that 25+ or more my grandpa had a cub cadet (grandpa was a horse trader so the tractor wasn't new when he got it) Thanks to you I now belive it was a 125 cub cadet. In addition to the pictures you show I belive a picture of the dash would be very helpfull to somone like me who is looking for a long lost memory and is trying to from an adults perspective to get real world relsults from his memorys of his childhood. This tractor has stayed in my heart and mind and will for my lifetime. It goes from just cutting the lawn for grandma and grandpa to my uncles pulling us around in a little trailer on the big 4th of july parties To me and my brother Timmy and favroite cousin Jimmy. Pushing snow and seeing who could get the biggest pile. My grandma gave me the trailer and I would like to at some point in time find a tractor like it to rebuild and share that with my neice and nefew's.

I was refered to this site from a member of the farmall cub/ cub cadet site wdeturck.

Thanks agin Cowboy Billy

Return to “Cub Cadet”