This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gas blowing out of Carb

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ly134
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gas blowing out of Carb

Postby ly134 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:22 am

I have gas vapor and liquid blowing out of carb on Kohler Magnum 8 hp.
I have pulled the head and both valves and compression release is working correctly. Is it possible for the compression release to stick open while running and allow exhaust gas to push back thru carb? Also could one of the valves be sticking after getting hot (which one). The carb bowl get very warm after running. The cub runs good at higher speeds but blows gas vapors and at idle will blow vapor and liquid gas out before stalling. I have installed a new carb and adjusted. My next step is to pull the valves but they are working correctly while turning engine over by hand. Any ideals what could be causing problem. Thanks ly134.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”