This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Alright, now I need......

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DoOver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1772 Cub Cadet
154 Lo-Boy Cub
AC WD
AC B
IH Super M
2-70 White

Alright, now I need......

Postby DoOver » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm

A 54' power angle plow and a winter cab for my 1872 Cub Cadet. Thanks to GI tractorman I found the 60" mower I needed but now I need to get serious.Sims use to make a nice metal and glass cab, are they still available? Or maybe go to a canvas shop and have one made? A snow plow someone must have one of those for sale? I figure I got all year to look and get ready for next winter. We didn't have a winter here this year. Thanks Brian :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:48 pm

I recently got a 54" power angle blade.......

And NO, your not getting mine, or the 1712 it's attached to.... :lol: :lol:

It's going to be sweet, not needing to get off of the seat to change the angle!!

I'm kinda hunting for a cab too....but like you said, there is plenty of time. 8)

DoOver
10+ Years
10+ Years
154 Lo-Boy Cub
AC WD
AC B
IH Super M
2-70 White

Postby DoOver » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:04 am

Oh yea, that is sweet. I even like your front hub caps! How does the control for your power angle work? My moves easy, likes it's not hooked up to any thing. Is this normal? It's still time for you guys to get some snow,no? Here sping snow is a killer, wet and heavy. My 1872 is new to me so I'm excited to get working. Brian

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Man, you are just a bit late!

Postby gitractorman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:54 pm

I am sorry, but I just sold two of those 54" hyd. angling blades, back in January. They were the really heavy duty Haban ones too, much heavier than the CC built ones. They were like this one, only Hyd. Angling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUB-CADET-54-IN-SNO ... dZViewItem

This blade is setup for Hyd. Angle, as you can see the brackets in one of the pics. You may want to consider buying one like this, then finding a hyd. cylinder to bolt in to it. It is basically that simple, a cylinder, couple of hoses and quick connects. You already have the valve to control the angle. I'm sure that someone could give you the specs for the cylinder. If I had to guess, it would be a 1" diameter, 6" or 8" throw cylinder. This blade would allow you to use as a manual angle until you picked up the hyd angle setup, which you could then bolt right in.

If you shoot me an e-mail, I can send pictures of the blades I had, so you can see the setup. I have a couple of really closeup pics of the hyd cylinder and connections. I have not had a chance to figure out posting pics here yet.

gitractorman@hotmail.com
Bill

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:14 pm

DoOver wrote:Oh yea, that is sweet. I even like your front hub caps! How does the control for your power angle work? My moves easy, likes it's not hooked up to any thing. Is this normal? It's still time for you guys to get some snow,no? Here sping snow is a killer, wet and heavy. My 1872 is new to me so I'm excited to get working. Brian

From the pics on e-Bay, I thought the front hub caps were -plastic-...but they are metal. They seem to have trapped moisture inside the wheels...the front wheels are pretty rusty!

The 'angle' lever seems to have the same amount of resistance as the lift lever.

Hey now....watch it with that snow talk....LOL...oh yeah, we 'can' get snow in April here...I sure hope not again this year!!

I've used/played around on the 1712 for 2/10ths of an hour since I got it...barely enough time to remember I still have it :roll:

I don't think there is a weak point in an IH front blade. As long as people remember that they are on a Cub Cadet, and not a Caterpillar, I don't see where an IH blade isn't 'heavy duty' enough.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:32 am

DoOver:

I have also, a 54" IH Blade on my CC 784 (very similar to your and Leadfoot's Cubs). I have had it for a couple of years now and have pushed a lot of snow as well as gravel. I have had NO issues with the blade. Like Leadfoot said, as long as you use it as designed for, you will have no problems.

DoOver
10+ Years
10+ Years
154 Lo-Boy Cub
AC WD
AC B
IH Super M
2-70 White

Postby DoOver » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:57 am

Hi R Bedell, I think the blade is more a want than a need. I got a driveway that's a 1 1/4 miles long and in a normal winter we get snow everyday. I have several trucks around here with plows on them. But it's not unusual to get a truck stuck over the bank and have to pull it out with another truck. Kind of hard to do by yourself. So I figure if I have the Cub Cadet ready I would have another tool to use. I'm not sure if I want to go out every morning to plow for 2 hours with out a cab. {oh yea I'ma sissy boy] Never use to be but I'm getting old.On the other hand, the snowblower worked so much better than I expected, I might just junk the trucks and just Cubbie it!!!. Plus now all I can think about is mowing. Got the photo's GItractorman, just what I was looking for, Thanks.I like this site!!. Thanks Brian

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi DoOver:

Well, I am getting on in years also and I look for things to make my life easier too.

I run a push blade and a snowthrower. I have two Cubs set up for my winter snow removal duty. I have found, there are times that the Snowthrower works well, and other times that the blade works better.
For me, the snowthrower works good in dry type of snow. The blade works better for the heavy wet snow.

Since, you have trucks with blades, you already got that part covered.

So, it is just up to your preferences and resources.

The Cab thing sounds attractive for me too. I don't have one but have been looking. There are steel and canvas types. There are the popular Sims and Cozy Cabs for the cubs. You just have to keep an eye out for one and sooner or later, one will pop up.

Good luck with your search.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi DoOver,

As for the cab, I will say that they are defiantly a wonderful item to own. With a coat on, I actually get so warm that I start to sweat in mine. The can ob mine came off an Allis Chalmers 700 GT, and in my opinion, it is far better than the CC ones. It's far roomier. I was lucky and got mine for free, however I did have to clean it up and put new windows in. Parts for the cabs are relatively cheap, so if you fine one, you are set. However you may need to make new mounts for it as there is a good chance any cab you find will be missing the mounts. Many times people forget to remove those parts when they get rid of the tractor/cab.

There is another option here too. If you have a welder and are relatively handy with one you can build a hard cab using flat stock, Plexiglas, and square tubing very easily. The best way to do this is to make rails that fit the contour of the fenders and floorboards first... then build the cab from there on up. Make the windshield hinged at the top so you can get to your gas tank, and put some sort of foam rubber weather-stripping on the bottom of the rails that fit the fenders. This will keep you from loosing paint. Mount a set of headlights on the top of the cab. These are an amazing improvement on the ones mounted in the front of the tractor. I never even turn the tractor lights on anymore, as the cab lights are that much better. A dome light is also handy :wink: Building a cab is a relatively easy option, and actually not that expensive. Plus, you can make it exactly the way you want it. I would also try to put as much glass in it as you can. The factory cabs have some incredibly annoying blind spots.

Just a few thoughts for you to think about. Personally, if i was you i would build my own cab if it is possible. You can't go wrong with something you tailored to your own needs. :wink: Good luck and good hunting. Cheers.
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Return to “Cub Cadet”