This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

mower deck

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hooterville hillbilly
10+ Years
10+ Years

mower deck

Postby hooterville hillbilly » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:59 pm

Would anyone know what mower decks will work under my 126 Cadet?
I'm not worried about looking original just want a deck I can mow with.
My 126 is a freebie and I don't want to put a lot of money in it. It runs great and pulls great but the deck is sooo rusted out. Will the new style decks work with it? The hangers and all look the same.
Can anyone tell me about the triple rib tires? I know they are just what I need for the work I'm doing with my tractor. Do I need to run the narrow rims with them or will they work with the wide rims for my turf tires.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:11 pm

I think the 4.00 X 8 Tri-Ribs work, and look, better on the narrow rims that they were made for. M.E. Miller Tire now has Tri-ribs for the wider rims, but they are a bit pricey.

For the deck, most of the new decks will not work with the narrow frame tractors (like your 126), but a Cub Cadet dealer should have a copy of the Attachment Guide (there are a couple different versions) that will tell what deck will fit what models and what is needed to adapt then to earlier tractors.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:27 am

HH:

For the 1x6/7 Series Cubs, the decks available at the time were the: 38, 42, & 48 inch. Usually you can find these decks with the under carriage & mule drive.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:00 pm

In addition to what R Bedell said, the deck that is for your 126 is roughly triangular shaped with a cast piece on the center of the front side of the deck. These decks do a very nice job of mowing the lawn by the way. 8)
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

hooterville hillbilly
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby hooterville hillbilly » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:23 pm

I've got a 48'' deck but like I said but it is rusting out pretty bad and the center pully and spindle are bad worn. Just finding a deck that I can afford in decent shape is turning into a chore.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:18 pm

Well here's an option HH. If you are handy... you can rebuild your deck. Weld in some patchs.. tastefully i'll add and you can still find parts to rebuilt the 3 mandrels/spindles. I've seen it done before and those decks are rather robust and survivable. Mine even lacks the baffle. Once it came out i never bothered to put it back in(90 bucks) and it still mows great. My advice is if you can't find a new deck, try to rebuild it. You can get evey part to rebuild a spindle to my knowledge. Or... find another rusted out deck, buy it cheap, patch your deck, and switch the parts.

Generally speaking any old lawnmower graveyard has those decks in abundance. Good hunting and good luck.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:10 am

HH:

To add to what Ritter said, the replacement baffles from IH are a bit pricey. I have a friend of mine that simply went and bought some flat stock, fabricated and formed his own baffle, made the brackets, all for less than $10.00. The baffle he made was bigger, better, and heavier gauge...and it worked out GREAT.
I agree...the IH Decks are very much rebuildable. I am doing two of them myself, a 42 & 48.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:20 pm

Yep... the baffle for a 42 inch deck is 90 bucks from IH. However, if it is missing and you want it in do just like R Bedell said. Make it yourself and save a bundle. If there is a will there's a way mate.

Return to “Cub Cadet”