This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

682 Motor Swap

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
electromech31
10+ Years
10+ Years

682 Motor Swap

Postby electromech31 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:14 am

I have a 682 with the origianal motor still in it, I don't know if it is the series one Kohler or two. I was talking to a friend and he said that Honda made a 18 to 20 Hp twin motor that fit in the cadets. Has anyone tried one of these motors and If they have do yo like them. My motor is starting to blow smoke when started and starter flange is broken so Im looking at taken motor out for repairs. Just want to figure if I want to keep running it until d-day and replace.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:01 pm

Talk to Fordlords about it. He did that exact same thing and made a post about it. He seems to love it. Point of fact, I think he may consider selling his first born for a second like it. :wink: :P
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:53 pm

I installed Small Engine Warehouse's CC 682/782 Honda engine conversion kit, it is an 18 HP Honda GX610 V twin. Thus far with 10 hours on it, I couldn't be happier with it, these are fantastic small engines. They are REAL smooth, will use about half the fuel of the KT17, are fully pressure lubed, and the kit is basically a breeze to install. Maybe expensive at $1300, but a new KT is about $2200, and old ones are just not worth rebuilding IMHO, it was not that great of an engine to begin with, even some of the KT series II's with pressure lube had oiling issues. These come with a 2 year factory warranty from Honda. Talk about fast starting, you barely hear the starter engage and its running. I know there are a lot of Kohler loyalists out there, but if this Honda engine holds up as long as a KT and it should with a 2000 hour rated lifespan its easily the best small air cooled engine I've come across. Pix in this thread:

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 74&start=0

Well worth it if you plan on keeping your 682 around for a long while as I do.

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

jrwalters
10+ Years
10+ Years

I HAVE A REPOWER KIT FOR THE 82 SERIES CUB CADETS

Postby jrwalters » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:15 pm

IT IS A BRAND NEW KOHLER COMMAND 22 HP V TWIN, NEVER BEEN STARTED, 2 YEAR WARRANTY, MANUALS, NEW ELECTRIC CLUTCH, EXHAUST! ( READY TO BOLT IT IN ) IT WAS $ 1,700 I WILL TAKE $ 1,200
if it aint broke dont fix it!

Return to “Cub Cadet”