This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Cub Cadet 104

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leon.gandalf
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH Cub Cadet 104

Postby leon.gandalf » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:58 am

Well I was takeing the scenic route the other day... and I see this lawn tractor at the curb with trash stacked by it. I ask the homeowner just to be sure it realy is being tosed. Indeed it is... at this point I did not pay attention to any markings.... FREE TRACTOR.... Upon returning with a trailer I see that it is a Cub Cadet 104! :D The guy said it did not have compession but the blower did... When I got it home a clean fuel bowl later and a jump start and it purrs like a kitten.... the blower was the dead brick not the tractor. So basically I now have a Cub Cadet 104 for the cost of a Battery, front Rim and some oil. As soon as I WASH it I will post some pictures of it.

But yeah, IT WAS THROWN AWAY... the compression problem turned out to be a pluged fuel jet in the carb. Well that is all I could find wrong with the engine....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 am

:P Leon, Welcome to FarmallCub.com :P You have found the best Cub site on the www to get any help you need for your new found freebie. :P
Then came Bronson

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm

I say this very carefully, but the guy that threw that tractor out needs to have his genes removed from the pool. :wink:
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:21 am

At least be glad it wasn't actually thrown out, as many-many thousands of good old restorable IH Cub Cadets have been hauled off to the junkyard by people who totally had no clue what they are. At least in this case the, "Free Tractor," got another chance at a good home to go out and work and play again :D

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 am

I got 2 of mine that way.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Cub Cadet”