This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

For Sale

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hooterville hillbilly
10+ Years
10+ Years

For Sale

Postby hooterville hillbilly » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Just a thought. Why don't we have our own parts wanted and for sale in the cub cadet forum or would it just mess things up? It's something I'd sure welcome!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Well, I guess it is because it would be kind of redundant to have 2 For Sale/Wanted forums.. and yes, it certainly would clutter things up and generate a lot more work for Dennis.. and we don't want that now do we..?

Same with Site Sponsors.. many deal in both CC's and their bigger cousins the FCub, Cub Lo-Boy and the Numbered Series Cubs..

However, if you have special people that provide special services for your Cub Cadets and you would like to have a place to find em.. the Specialty Services Page on the Cub Manual Server is there for exactly that...

Hope this clarifies a tad.. and was helpful.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

hooterville hillbilly
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby hooterville hillbilly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 pm

Redundant means a useless repetition, this would not be. However, I will say that I would not want to cause any one of the fine people who have given their time to make this site so excellent any cause to regret it by causing them extra work. This site is too valuable an asset to lose for any reason!
AND!

If I didn't ever say it before, THANK YOU, to all who care enough to make it the best!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:13 pm

Aha !!

Just the kind of rejoinder I like :!: :!: 8) very 8)

Actually, the word Redundant may mean many things, and this becomes a perfect example for Contextual useage..

In the form that you looked up, Redundant does mean that, but it is one and only one definition.

Redundant describes computer or network system components, such as fans, hard disk drives, servers, operating systems, switches, and telecommunication links that are installed to back up primary resources in case they fail. Such as RAID systems.

The context in which I was using the term Redundant - which is as is defined by Merriam-Webster On-line Dictionary is defined thus - see #1:

Main Entry: re·dun·dant
Pronunciation: -d&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin redundant-, redundans, present participle of redundare to overflow -- more at REDOUND
1 a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : SUPERFLUOUS b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary c : characterized by similarity or repetition <a group of particularly redundant brick buildings> d chiefly British : no longer needed for a job and hence laid off
2 : PROFUSE, LAVISH
3 : serving as a duplicate for preventing failure of an entire system (as a spacecraft) upon failure of a single component
- re·dun·dant·ly adverb

And what I meant by that is primarily, it would clutter up the boards far too much. There really is no need for just a For Sale/Wanted sub-forum in the Cub Cadet arena. For Cub-a-holics.. a Cub is a Cub.. pretty much, and we can get rangy over any and all versions...

Check out Red Power Magazine.. and see what I mean... and that is not just about Cubs.. but all IH equipment..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:38 am

The bottom line is that multiple forums exist to keep the contents of each at a manageable size and allow people to focus in on areas of interest without having to weed through what they would consider clutter. In the last week (for example) the For Sale forum has had about 4 new threads per day. That volume doesn't really call for subdividing.

If there were 2 For Sale forums, I bet half the ads would get posted in both. That would be clutter and certainly REDUNDANT.

Return to “Cub Cadet”