This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet 100 Creeper help please

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JHaburay
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet 100 Creeper help please

Postby JHaburay » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:57 am

Hi,
I have a Cub Cadet 100. the creeper does the following. Low works great. High will go in.........sometimes, but pops right back out. When the tractor is off I can put it into high and she will stay as rock the tractor back and forth as if it wants to work. As soon as I start it and try to move it will pop out in no time. Forwards or backwards makes no difference. Out she comes. I guess I am wondering if this is a common problem. Could something need adjustment, or can it be what I think. A worn part inside. I can actually make it grind when letting off the clutch in high sometimes so something is tring to spin around in there but I really don't see any sense in doing that. I just wanted to give a good example of what it is (or isn't) doing. I have seen in the pictures a U shaped bracket inside that looks like it flips up and down or something. Might this be the culprit. Also, if I take it out and don't see anything obvious wrong, should I even bother to put it back in? Lot of work for the same result. Thanks for any help. -John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:20 am

I never had one apart but I just went to the parts breakdown and it looks like the bad parts are
#9 Part ID: 717-3019
Description COUPLING-DIRECTOR
Qty:
Unit Price
and/or #6 Part ID: 703-1061
Description COUPLING ASSY-DRVN
Qty:
Unit Price
These two items lock up the shaft to get a direct drive through the unit. If you take it out and can't fix it you will have to get a new drive shaft. I think you can find a used one. The drive shaft gets cut when the creeper is installed.
#1 Part ID: IH-385982-R91
Description SHAFT-CLUTCH
Qty:
Unit Price
Keep us posted
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:35 pm

The "U" shape bracket as you call it (# 23 and called a yolk, creeper shift) is pinned to the creeper shift lever (# 21) and is what moves the shifter collar (#10) to shift between the high and low range. That yolk will wear on one side from rubbing on the shifter collar, and will sometimes not move the collar far enough to complete the shift, and then cause the problem you are having. Another thing that can cause the problem is the "lever assy, creeper shift poppet" (# 5) that is on the right, out side of the case and is also pinned to the shift lever. It has a a "button" on it that fits in the two detents in the case that help hold the creeper in which ever range is slected. Nothing else in the creeper will wear enough normally, to cause the problem you are having, unless there is something broken or damaged inside. The yolk can be replaced or you can try flipping it 180 degrees on the shift lever to give a new wear surface on the shift collar.

All parts of the creeper are still available except for the case (#1), and a large thrust washer (#13). You may not want to pay for some of the parts, but they are available.

Return to “Cub Cadet”