This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ok M&W Cub Cadet 9 Speed?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Ok M&W Cub Cadet 9 Speed?

Postby Brandon Webb » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:49 pm

How rare are they? How much do they bring? I've got to have one of those. :D Brandon.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Brandon they are rare. I think I have seen 6 of them. Geezer that post's here sometimes has one. They can be rather pricey unless you can find one from someone that doesn't know what they have..........and beat me to it :lol:

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:42 pm

I have been trying to locate these for over 6 years and I have only seen 4 including mine. I know of 11 total that are still around. I know of 5 serial numbers of these 11. There are 2 on display at dealers. One is in York, PA and the other in Farmington, MI(http://www.wrightequipmentco.com/at the bottom of the page.) and you can see it at this site.
If you have one or know of one I would like to know the serial number of the M&W. Thanks.
I have a copy the installation manual and one reproduction of a sales brochure that was released. I can't really come up with much information but I think there may have been less than 100 produced,
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 pm

I was reading in updike's book about them, they are very interesting. They'll really slow them down and make them run over 10mph. I found a picture somewhere online of one, it had an M&W equipped decal on the hood. Was this original or just something the owner added off some other M&W product? I've never seen one in person, stumbled across a picture online of one, and thought I could get into that. :D

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:34 pm

That one probably belongs to Wdeturck (Geezer)

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 pm

How pricey are we talking? $1000? Out of reach?

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:54 am

Brandon: I only know of 2 sales of an M&W gar box. Don Vogt, a puller, put one up for sale bout 5 years ago. It was NOS and had never been installed and he had a price of $700 which I as willing to pay. I e-mailed as soon as I seen it posted on an other forum. Next day he posted it was sold and I thought my friend at Cadet Connections had beat me to it. We saw each other later and he didn't get it either. That unit has never shown up again unless it is in one of the two dealers Original I mentioned. The M&W I own(that is mine with the M&W decal) was listed on E-bay as a creeper. The seller had a buy now of $295 and my friend Mike in Chicago snapped i up. He used 4 different Originals to make up a low SN 5836 with headlights, fenders, wheel weights, 3 point and IH hub caps. He took it to a plow day and I think he did plow with it. That winter he called me up and asked me if I wanted to buy it which I did. He stored it till March when I drove to IL to pick it up and drove to Auburn, IN and entered it in an IH indoor show there. I had never driven an M&W till I got to IL. I remembered what it felt like to be a kid on Xmas morning when I drove it n to that show. I have changed it by adding a weight box on the back(had to take off the 3 point) and put the hub caps on it. I have been showing it with a unicorn log splitter mounted on the right rear wheel which I acquired. I am in the process of changing it this year to try to make it a little more unique. I did take the unit out this fall as t was leaking oil as someone installed the wrong size in it and I found a loose set screw that had made it hard to shift into OD. I won't tell you what I paid for but I think I can resell it for what I paid. You would be surprised how many of these are in garages and barns just like it talking to people at shows!
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks do you have a link to the pictures of yours? :D Brandon.

Return to “Cub Cadet”