This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Starter/Generator Brushes??

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Starter/Generator Brushes??

Postby BigBill » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Does anyone have a part number other than the IH part number for replacement brushes for the starter/generators on the IH 154's/IH cub cadets? Is there a cheaper source for them?

I'm not sure how old my starter generators are so why take a chance? Two new bearings with a set of brushes and there rebuilt for my lifetime.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 pm

I purchased a set of brushes and bearings for the starter/generator from my local autoparts store.

I don't remember the price. I'm thinking less than $10- for the brushes and two bearings.

Bearing were ordered by the number off the old bearing. Brushes were ordered by measuring the dimensions of the old brush.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Find a REAL auto parts store. Not one of those floor mat stores like Auto Zone. Good parts stores will have bushings/bearings in a parts drawer and they can match them right up.
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Return to “Cub Cadet”