This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacing the Front PTO aka IH-61313-C93 Clutch Assembly.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dforness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Replacing the Front PTO aka IH-61313-C93 Clutch Assembly.

Postby dforness » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:37 pm

I apologize if this has been covered before. I tried the search and couldn't refine it enough.

I had to replace the front PTO aka IH-61313-C93 Clutch Assembly on my Cub Cadet 1650.

I need to know what parts are needed for the bolt asembly which secures the PTO pully/armature to the shaft of the tractor. I need to know how the spacer and washers are sequenced on the bolt where it secures the pully/armature to the shaft of the engine. Does it need to be torqued?

I also need to know the gap between the field/magnet and the pully/armature and how to adjust it. It seems that the magnet over the field and the pully/armature both slide toward and away from each other. I know the plate with the springs under it has something to do with it, but I can't quite figure it out.

Picture would be appreciated.

Thank You.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:24 pm

Here is the service manual for the Quietline series http://ihregistry.com/manuals/service/86ser.pdf
You better have not use dial up to download it(145 pages). The clutch is section 2-81 (pages 106-109)
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

dforness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dforness » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks Geezer.

I don't remember seeing any shims between the driven disc and the driving hub of the old assembly when I removed it and it is the black one.

The one which needed replacement was new??? within the last three years, installed by a local small engine mechanic who rebuilt the engine. From what I saw, what I have been told, and from your kind response with the manual, I have some suspicions that he did fine with the engine but may not have known enough about the PTO to install it properly which is why it self-destructed in less than three years. It does not look like he replaced the field either which is ok but it does show some insulation cracked and missing from it's face.

I'll have to check with the dealer from whom I purchased the new assembly about the shims. The one which came with the tractor when I bought it used, lasted for 20 plus years which is what the dealer told me was the expected life cycle for this unit. They also said .005 between the rotor assembly and driven hub. The manual says .010.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated but the manual was very helpful in giving me some additional things to be aware of. I definitely need to check the gap between the coil and the driving hub before proceeding.

Much Obliged.

Dave

Return to “Cub Cadet”