This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stumped-Help

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
zack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby zack » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 pm

I have put new points and a condensor on it.

how do you set the tappets?

How do you check and change the timing?

How do you adjust the governor, I think the guy before me had messed with it because he said he could never get it running right.

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the cub cadets.

thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:09 pm

http://staging.kohlerengines.kohler.com ... esults.jsp

Select K series under engine family. Then find manuals. Then the owners manual and service manual PDF file can be selected and down loaded.

Instructions on timing the engine, setting the tappets and adjusting the govenor are found in the service manual.

Sorry. Rather than providing the same information included in the manuals. If you have further questions, post back.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

zack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby zack » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Well thank you for all the help everyone. I found the problem the condensor wire was on the wrong terminal on the coil, I never noticed it when I put the new condensor on. I just put the wire on the terminal that it was on before, I guess that was the problem all along.

It runs great now and I couldn't be happier :D

What does the condensor do anyway?

zack

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:58 pm

A condenser is a capacitor. In this case it works like a electric shock absorber. As the points open, a high voltage is present. The condenser absorbs some of this voltage and stores it. Without the condenser the points would burn up rather quickly.
8)

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:20 am

The condenser/capacitor on the + side of the coil happens to many times and is usually forgotten till all the other things are tried 3 times. Remember KISS.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”