This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet #4 followed me home.....

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Cub Cadet #4 followed me home.....

Postby BigBill » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:01 am

I found a '71 cub cadet wide frame 108 with the creeper tranny in near mint condition but needing some work came home with me today. It looks pretty and was hard to pass up it just grew on me. I had to have it.
It came with a mint mower deck too besides extra parts too.

My International Harvester Tractor list is growing;

1. 71 INT 154 cub
2. 71 cub cadet 108 w/creeper
3. 64 cub caedet 70
4. 65 cub cadet 100 w/creeper
5. 67 cub cadet 122

Its funny everytime i think i have enough cub cadets another one comes along. I'm going to need a two story barn with an elevator soon.

Dam this is fun and i can't wait to fix it and see it run....Its christmas in July for sure.....

On a sad note i received some receipts on the repairs he did recently and WOW at what the costs were. I was shocked at the prices on repairs. I'm lucky i do all my own work.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

PKS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PKS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:34 am

Congrats BigBill :!:

I am amazed at the rate at which once a "collection" is started, how quickly it grows into many multiples.

Paul
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World ---

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:04 pm

When i drove my very first tractor back in the 60's it was a farmall cub I should of gotten a hint what was to happen as I got older. When i purchased my very first INT 154 cub and drove that for the first time you couldn't smack that smile off my face. I had a gut feeling there would be more to follow and its only a year in September 07. Yup 5 tractors so far and i hope to have more by the end of 07 too. The farmalls are next if the cub cadets stay out of sight for a while. I just want to restore them and run them.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Cubbie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Cubbie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:33 am

That's hilarious! My wife and I have been talking about the very same thing. I just got my Cub that I grew up on from my dad's house and she's safely locked away in my garage.

My wife bought me a fantastic book on Farmall Cubs and Cub Cadets and now I have a real burning desire to get a Farmall Cub. Fortunately for my wife, I don't have the money. I definitely see how this sickness could spread!

:)
'61 Original affectionately known as "Cubbie"

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:42 am

Cubbie wrote:That's hilarious! My wife and I have been talking about the very same thing. I just got my Cub that I grew up on from my dad's house and she's safely locked away in my garage.

My wife bought me a fantastic book on Farmall Cubs and Cub Cadets and now I have a real burning desire to get a Farmall Cub. Fortunately for my wife, I don't have the money. I definitely see how this sickness could spread!

:)

Thats my problem right now too I don't have any mad money left and some graet deals keep on popping up lately too and i hate to pass them up. These little cadets priced between $100 & $200 are keeping me broke. I can't pass them up, just try to buy one used part. Plus being disabled I can grab a handfull of tools and sit on a chair and play with the cadets it solves the boardom/depression, i stay upbeat now. I have a burning desire for a Farmall Super A with a brush hog and finish mower deck(two mowers). One of my helper/lookers just found me a Farmall super A in pencil tucky for $3,800 thats a little high for me right now but its in perfect condition with a belly mower. I'm jones'n too but i have to go slow too right now. I'm trying to sell my old house and i have an offer on it right now so maybe in a month when its finally sold I may go "A" hunting all over the northeast.......

Some will ask why a farmall super A? Its all about the upgrades it has more horsepower at the PTO for the brush hog. And it has hydraulics and the rocker setup too. I think its the right sized tractor for my needs right now.

Cubbie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Cubbie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 am

Let me make you even sicker. I found this ad this morning. Best of all, it's in your backyard!

For Sale: cub cadet 1961 original good cond with 38 deck Condition: good Price: 400.00
Phone: 203 671 6549

It was listed on this site:

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/clasquery.cgi

Go buy it and fix it up so I can live vicariously through you! I about choked when I saw how much he wanted for it. He has NO idea what he has there.
'61 Original affectionately known as "Cubbie"