This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Registration #s to identify age

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cubbie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Registration #s to identify age

Postby Cubbie » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:57 am

Okay, I'm trying to find the RIGHT registration number that'll tell me when Cubbie was built. My brother found it before I got it and through research, we were able to determine that it was built in February. But I wanted to do it again, and the numbers I find don't correspond with anything that makes sense.

Can someone walk me though the process please? I hate to be so dumb!
'61 Original affectionately known as "Cubbie"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 pm

The serial number is stamped into the right side of the gear reduction housing. That is the casting bolted onto the front of the transmission and that the front frame of the tractor bolts to. You will see a square headed pipe plug (oil fill plug) in that casting and the serial number is stamped in a vertical line in numbers about 3/16" high, just forward and slightly above that pipe plug. If the tractor has been repainted, it may be hard to see the numbers. Any numbers that are raised above the surface of the castings are cast with the casting and are part numbers or casting date codes, and do not have any thing to do with the serial number. When you get the serial number, I can tell you when it was built.

Return to “Cub Cadet”