This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brake Problem

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Brake Problem

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:14 am

I took a few days off from work to catch up on things at home and one of my projects was my grass cutting equipment maintenance. One of my Cadet’s needed a clutch (teaser) spring witch was no big deal to repair but on the other tractor I notched the brakes was not working. I can’t understand why I didn’t hear about this before now because; this tractor pulls a 300 # trail mower in third gear at wide open throttle.

I noticed the left rear brake actuator was out of the brake caliper assembly. Before I start my repair I decided to let someone who is familiar with this tractor to “take a look” and give me some advice on how to repair my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Fowler

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:17 am

but on the other tractor I notched the

I guess I should proof read my post before posting, the word notched should have been noticed. :oops: My mine and fingers just don’t work together sometimes, well most of the time!

I took the brake assembly apart and found a pin missing. God only knows how that fell out, but on the other hand if you could see how this tractor is being used you would see how.

When I removed the wheel assembly to a great surprise, I found the tires filled with liquid. I wish you could have seen the look on my face when I put the tires down on the floor.

Boy these little tractors are built tough. I think they’re just as tough as a full size Cub.

Attached is a picture of the pin on the actuator arm. It’s a little out of focus; I must have wiggled the camera when taking the picture

Jack Fowler

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:03 pm

Glad you found the problem, with out to much problem. I didn't know they filed the tires on the cadet eather although it makes sence. I bet your eyes just about poped out of your head. :lol: The cudet is a full size cub from the trans back; Jack :shock:

Return to “Cub Cadet”