Having Fun in the snow with my Cadet

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:05 pm

I used the Cadet (104) to clean my driveway after our 10" snow this past week. Today, after some drifting, I decided to do a little more clean up work, uh, did I say work? More like FUN. I'm impressed what this little fella can do!

Image

Image

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:16 pm

Nice clear pretty pictures Dennis. That little cub is really doing a job on that snow in the 2nd picture.

Have you had the cadet long or is my memory correct in thinking you got it about a year ago.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:51 am

johnbron wrote:Nice clear pretty pictures Dennis. That little cub is really doing a job on that snow in the 2nd picture.

Have you had the cadet long or is my memory correct in thinking you got it about a year ago.


Yes, last summer John. I'm also looking to find it a partner this summer too.

My driveway is not real big and the Cub is almost to big to manuver around, so the Cadet did a really good job. The Cub does great when I get to do the neighbors drive (didn't get to this time, someone beat me to it!)

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:33 pm

You know it's a good place to live, when you are having to race to see who plows a drive first.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:58 pm

Dennis,

Is that a Direct TV high speed internet dish I see on the corner of your house? If so do you like it, any problems? Looks like after the move I'll be needing some way to get high speed.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:20 pm

Dennis:

Wow, that little Cub Cadet really plows up a storm. If I tried that with me Craftsman I would have to get the Massey to lift it out of the snow bank :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

BTW, it looks like you have a real nice piece of property there :)

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:56 pm

Donny M wrote:Dennis,

Is that a Direct TV high speed internet dish I see on the corner of your house? If so do you like it, any problems? Looks like after the move I'll be needing some way to get high speed.


Yes, I'm currently running an ISDN line and the Direcway is using Dial-return. I'd upgrade to the DW6000 if it had better "ping" response (son's like to play Internet games.)

Overall, it has worked pretty good over the last year and the download speeds blow my ISDN connection away (pretty close to cable or DSL.)

Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:27 pm

Dennis:

I have a broadband connection, on 24/7. Which is faster? Broadband, ISDN, DSL, ADSL, T1 or T3. I know the T1 and T3 lines are really expensive, but was wondering if I am really getting a good deal here!

The broadband is supplied by my cable service provider and comes with Digital TV :!: Course, you got to have a digital ready TV for it to make any difference I guess..... :roll:

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:17 pm

Snow can be fun with a cub cadet.
Before I put the loader on my 129, it was a mean snow machine with weights and duals.
It sure could pile up the snow.....
Image
Image
Image

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:34 pm

It also helps to have the loader on the 129 now for scraping ice.
Image

And an Original with cultivators to rough things up a little.
Image

The blade went to the 782 this year, it don't push too bad either.
One set of weights and fluid filled tires makes about 100lbs each side. I also add 2, 42lb suitcase weights to the sleeve hitch if needed.
Image
Image

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:40 pm

Can't forget the cub.......
Image

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:57 pm

Rudi wrote:Dennis:

I have a broadband connection, on 24/7. Which is faster? Broadband, ISDN, DSL, ADSL, T1 or T3. I know the T1 and T3 lines are really expensive, but was wondering if I am really getting a good deal here!

. :roll:


T3 is fastest, followed by T1, also very expensive. T1 handles a medium sized business, T3 is 8 T1s.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:27 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Rudi wrote:Dennis:

I have a broadband connection, on 24/7. Which is faster? Broadband, ISDN, DSL, ADSL, T1 or T3. I know the T1 and T3 lines are really expensive, but was wondering if I am really getting a good deal here!

. :roll:


T3 is fastest, followed by T1, also very expensive. T1 handles a medium sized business, T3 is 8 T1s.


John should know, he is a telecom specialist! Rudi, if you have a cable modem, I say stay with it. Unless your not happy with your speed or service, there is no reason to change. Since I live about 5 miles from the CO (central office), I'll never have to worry about the local telco offering me DSL and there are not enough homes for the cable companies to venture into my area.... so you get what you can and live with it. Cable/DSL versus living in the country? I'll take the COUNTRY.

Great photos Scott! Was all that snow from this year? Holy Cow!

Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:42 pm

Dennis,
The pictures with the plow on the 129 were from last year, the rest are this years.