This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cadet 127 is hard to start if throttle is advanced

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Fujita
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cadet 127 is hard to start if throttle is advanced

Postby Bob Fujita » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:07 pm

My Cadet 127 is hard to start. If the throttle is advanced very much the engine seems to almost backfire, and then will not likely start. I can get it running by keeping the throttle slow, and nursing the choke and throttle once the engine begins to fire. I changed plug, points and condenser, and set point gap per the manual, but the problem persists.

Any hints on where to start looking would be appreciated.

Thanks - Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:36 pm

The next step I would take is re-adjusting the carb and then if that didn`t help I would take the carb apart and give it a thorough cleaning and perhaps rebuild. Also if you go that far check the float by shaking to see if there is gas in it. Also make sure the float is set correctly to specs. You also mentioned that it sometimes will backfire. That can be caused by a partially sheared flywheel key which will cause it to be slightly out of time. (Small->$$$$)
Then came Bronson

Return to “Cub Cadet”