This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 Cub Cadet High-Crop Project

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
alabama mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35057
Tractors Owned: 582,682, 154 lo-boy, international 244, JD 316, JD 318

Re: 127 Cub Cadet High-Crop Project

Postby alabama mike » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Jim do you have any problems with the internal brakes stopping Brutus? looks like you have alot of rolling mass to stop, This is another area I'm undecided on, since I'll be running standard cub rear rim's and tires I wasn't sure if the internal brake would stop it, I was looking at adapting the regular cub brake bands.
Disabled vet, desert shield/storm vet, proud to have served!

582,682, 122, 154 lo-boy, international 244

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 pm

alabama mike wrote:Jim do you have any problems with the internal brakes stopping Brutus?

Been to DSCF for the past 3 days. But no I do not have any problems with the brakes. It has an internal wet brake and it works good. It will lock the tires up if I need it to. I can stop in going up or down loading ramps. Brutus weighs about 1020 lbs. It is a little heavy. You shouldn't have any problems with the internal wet brake with the F-Cub tires on it. As long as the brake parts are good. Good luck with your project. Remember post pictures.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

DavidR
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22551

Postby DavidR » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I know it has been a few years since the high crop projects. I am wondering if there is any new info on these and if there are any new pictures.
One of the things that interested me was all of the different ideas about how to get rid of the front reduction. Some of them would change the direction of the tranny. How did you fix that? Did you turn the carrier over? I am interested also in how well the chain drive has held up in the front housing. Will it hold up to tractor pulling? Also how much weight does the loboy reduction housing add to the tractor?

David

DavidR
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22551

Postby DavidR » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Jim,
I realize that this post is several years old. I am new to this forum and just saw your posts/pictures of your chain drive system that you built for your hi crop. I have a few questions. Did you finish that project and are there pictures of it. Also do you have a detail pictures on how you put the sprocket on the input pinion. Also the lower sprocket. Did you machine the lower gear and weld the sprocket to it?
Also it appears that there is a spacer on the right housing. I don't understand that part. Won't the housing bolt directly to the case?
Thank you.
David

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 pm

How about making one with cultivation using the axle tube extension and a 154 front axle off set? A mini cub?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

The 154 creeper and 154 tranny would be neat.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stanton » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:49 am

DavidR wrote:Jim,
I realize that this post is several years old...

The last time JimT has visited this forum was Dec. 4, 2014. So there's a fairly good chance he's not going to see your post.

If you ever wonder about when someone has last visited (logged on) to the forum, find their post, click on their name under the avatar/picture and it takes you to their home page. The info is listed there (lower right portion of screen). Can also access them via "Members" at upper right of screen, but you'd have to remember their handle.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:30 pm

DavidR wrote:Jim,
I realize that this post is several years old. I am new to this forum and just saw your posts/pictures of your chain drive system that you built for your hi crop. I have a few questions. Did you finish that project and are there pictures of it. Also do you have a detail pictures on how you put the sprocket on the input pinion. Also the lower sprocket. Did you machine the lower gear and weld the sprocket to it?
Also it appears that there is a spacer on the right housing. I don't understand that part. Won't the housing bolt directly to the case?
Thank you.
David

Just seen this. I didn't finish the Hi-Crop project, went another direction (Brutus). I did finish the tranny project and put it in Brutus. The input pinion shaft was turned down and a key way machined into it to allow for a gear to be slid on it and thighten down with a set screw. The lower gear had the center cut out of it and welded into a sprocket. The spacer is out of a numbered series cub lowboy. This spacer is needed to be able to mount the final drive on the tranny. Without it the axle shaft would hit the spider gear shaft before it would mount flat to the tranny.

This picture will help see how the sprockets were done. I ended up using a small sprocket that the one in the photo.

Here is what the project ended up being. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =2&t=43028

I didn't have to flip the carrier over. Even though the finals would reverse the direction of the tractor changing to sprocket in the tranny corrected this condition. Putting the sprockets in changed the direction of the tranny for the final output.

This is one of HamiltonBobs photos of the spacer used on the tranny to install the final drive.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Now looking at the rear picture I'm thinking a little cub cadet forklift??

JimT you need another build? Right?

I still am recovering from prostate cancer. It put the brakes on my projects for sure no energy yet.

Stevos_loboy
Zip Code: 53508

Postby Stevos_loboy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:30 pm

JimT …….. I know this is an old post but had to ask. It may have been covered in post and I missed it;

What did you do about the brakes?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 am

Old post,

What about stretching the frame and adding a crosley tranny backwards to speed it up?

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 am

BigBill wrote:Old post,

What about stretching the frame and adding a crosley tranny backwards to speed it up?
Stevos_loboy wrote:JimT …….. I know this is an old post but had to ask. It may have been covered in post and I missed it;

What did you do about the brakes?

I know both you of know this is an old post. I'm not sure how often Jim is on here. One way to tell is to click on a person's name under their profile picture on the right side of the screen and go to their profile page. On the right side of the screen you'll see dates when they joined and when they were last active. That usually tells the last time they've been on this site. Not everybody logs in when reading on this site, but you have to be logged on when posting.

Last active date for Jim was Nov 2018.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Stevos_loboy

Postby Stevos_loboy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks Stanton. I only wanted to stir things up slightly with the question I posted above concerning the brake issue, which after reading a bit more I discovered he didn't have to deal with a brake issue as the hydro unit he is using included a wet brake system. I on the other hand would like to reverse engineer what he accomplished with his project. Swapping a cadet hydro unit into the lo-boy 154. I didn't want to start a new thread in the other section. I haven't picked up my lo-boy yet but when I do ……… "I'll be back"

Thanks again.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Stevos_loboy wrote: I didn't want to start a new thread in the other section.

The problem with bringing up old posts is that many people get confused and start answering the old question, many times years after the original poster has left the forum.

It is always best to start a new thread.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Stevos_loboy

Postby Stevos_loboy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:55 pm

ok ….. sorry for posting.

Return to “Cub Cadet”